"In May 2020, IAB Europe released a ‘Guide to the Post Third-Party Cookie Era’, to prepare brands, agencies, publishers and tech intermediaries for the much-anticipated post-thirdparty cookie advertising ecosystem. The guide, which had been developed by experts from IAB Europe’s Programmatic Trading Committee (PTC), provided a level-setting background into the current use of digital advertising cookies, the contributing factors to their depletion and an overview of the alternative solutions that are currently available.
As solutions have evolved, the PTC has now updated the Guide to provide the latest information and guidance on market alternatives to third-party cookies. One year on from the announcement that third-party cookies would be depleted, this edition of the Guide will provide the most up to date answers to the following questions:
- • How will the depletion of third-party cookies impact stakeholders and the wider industry including Proprietary Platforms?
- • How will the absence of third-party cookies affect the execution of digital advertising campaigns?
- • What solutions currently exist to replace the usage of third-party cookies?
- • What industry solutions are currently being developed and by whom?
- • How can I get involved in contributing to the different solutions?"